10GHz link system
An economic but
effective line of sight microwave link system consisting of a varicap
tuned Gunn oscillator with horn antenna, modulation pcb, Digital AFC'd
PLL'd tuner, LNB, cables and power supplies. A cost effective rock solid,
auto tracking, amazing performance solution when you need to send your
audio over some distance. Outstanding signal to noise!
Setting up is as easy as pointing the transmit antenn at your transmission
site and then pointing the LNB back towards your studio. Sit back and
enjoy the quality of 'direct connection sounding' microwave technology.
The standard system will link over line of sight paths of over 5 miles.
This range can be increased to over 10 miles with the addition of a dish
to the receive end. The baseband (audio) input can easily cope with a
variety of input signals from simple mono audio to multiplex stereo.
A 10.31-10.36 GHz version is available for licensed use in the UK. Contact
the sales team for more info.
Every thing is provided in the box for plug and play operation, even
cables and power supplies. This system employs varactor tuning for a minimum
of 10dB extra performance on distortion figures. The receiver has digital
AFC to track the transmitter signal without adding distortion unlike cheaper
analogue resistor/capacitor methods. Do not confuse this system with other
systems that simply modulate the gunn diode voltage and employ no or poor
receiver AFC methods.
SYSTEM 1 CONTAINS:
1. Gunn Oscillator and PCB with Varactor tuning and Horn Antenna
2. Gunn Power Voltage Regulation/Varactor Modulation PCB with Level Control
3. Receiver PCB with Digital Autotrack PCB
4. Low Noise Block (LNB) for receiver downconversion
SYSTEM 2 CONTAINS:
...All items in System 1 plus...
5. 2 x 15V Universal Input Power Supplies and Mains Cables
6. Molded 10m F-Type lead for connection from the LNB to receiver PCB
7. 10m Screened Twin Audio Cable for connection from the Gunn PCB to the
TX ONLY SYSTEM CONTAINS:
The Gunn oscillator and driver pcb option contains the Gunn oscillator
on a pcb together with the audio modulator driver pcb. This option is
for people who want to make their own TX link box but don't need the recieving
part of the system.
Our opinion: Just like having a long cable, it sounds that good
- Frequency Range 10.65GHz (others on request)
- Output Power (gunn) 10mW min.
- Antenna Gain (horn) 15dB
- Power (TX PCB) 15VDC 500mA (supplied)
- Power (RX PCB) 15VDC 1000mA (supplied)
- LNB Input Range 10.800GHz-11.9 GHz
- LNB Output Range 800MHz to 1900MHz
- RF Bandwidth 18MHz