Stand alone RDS
ENCODER - BRAND NEW MODEL
RDS MAX 3.0 is the latest in line of our RDS encoders. It combines the accumulated knowledge and experience gathered with RDS
MAX v1.0 and 2.0 and brings new enhanced features, smaller size and increased reliability. RDS MAX 3.0 scrolls PS faster than previous versions and supports more than 3 times as many PS, more than you'll ever need. Compatibility with any RDS tuner out there is guaranteed. RDS MAX 30 can also pick up
MP3 ID tag from Winamp and transmit it as PS or radiotext on your RDS-enabled
receiver. PS scrolling is supported as well. Jazzler support is coming soon, too. In short, if you're using your PC and WinAmp or Jazzler to play your audio
over the transmitter, now you'll finally be able to send the song and
artist name to your listeners! Among other features are dynamic PS (also
in stand alone mode, without a PC), PTY, TA, RT, CT, ECC, EON and others. RDS
MAX comes with MPX feedthrough function, meaning all you have to do is
connect it between the stereo encoder and the transmitter. New enhanced PLL circuit makes it easy to lock RDS MAX 30 to stereo pilot. Suitable RCA
connectors are already on the PCB board. Connection to the PC is via standard
RS232 cable. New black anodized enclosure is smaller, looks better and is more convenient to use. External TA switch makes it easy to switch to TA even without a PC, in stand-alone mode.
RDS MAX 3.0 IMPROVEMENTS:
- Greatly extended number of PS supported
- Much faster scrolling now possible, also PS scrolling
- No problem with any RDS radio tuner out there
- If you have RDS MAX 2.0 already, you're eligible for a upgrade rebate, making it possible to purchase RDS MAX 30 cheaper.
- PLL lock led now visible from the outside (see picture)
- TA switch on the board, for easy and convenient TA toggle
- Smaller and much nicer black anodized
box (the pic on the website is not so good since it is very difficult to take a good picture of a black object, in reality it looks much better)
- Firmware upgrades available free of charge (you can now upgrade your unit yourself)
- ECC support, CT and EON planned with next firmware upgrade
- Basic windows driver is available immediately to those who want to experiment with the unit
DC stabilised voltage, 11-18V/0.1A
MPX output Impedance: 75 Ohms, unbalanced
- MPX input Impedance: 600 Ohms, unbalanced
PC Board Size: 98x65mm
- Audio connectors: all
RCA jacks are mounted on the board
- Power jack: on board, 2.1mm, center positive
carrier: 57KHz, phase locked to stereo pilot or internally generated
filter with very sharp passband switched capacitor filter (excellent rejection superior to other cheaper units out there)
Audio Input Level: 0 dB (input level is preserved at output - no distortion of level
by the unit)
output level: adjustable with a trimmer
- RS232 connector on the PCB for connectivity with a PC
- Galvanically isolated from RS232 (PC) port,
preventing ground loops (hum), a feature not found in any of the other low cost units out there
Included program supports all Windows flavours! Jazzler support coming soon.
Unit can also
work independently from the PC.
Have a quick look at the manual!
Linux driver is under development!
If you want to play with the windows driver, a basic version is included on the installation CD so you can start immediately (it is written in Visual Basic). Entire protocol has been simplified and is now really easy to use.
NEWS FLASH: Programmers can now write their own RDS MAX 30 driver and with a bit of luck win 500 euro!
You will be given sample RDS MAX 30 VB code and you can use it to write your own RDS MAX driver. You will also receive full protocol info and any support/info you might need.
More info here: http://www.pcs-electronics.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1277